Active members are invited to apply for financial or organizational support by the Graduate School so they can either realize their first own projects like, for example, the organization of guest lectures, work groups, workshops or seminars or they can receive funding for their conference travels or research stays abroad. Futhermore, active members can participate at no charge in workshops, lectures, and other events organized by the Graduate School.
Regular activity to qualify for unrestricted participation in the Graduate School’s offers would be for example:
- presentation and discussion of their own dissertation project at presentation events, research colloquia or any other event organized by the Graduate School (usually twice a year)
- contribution to events, workshops, guest lectures or field trips organized by the Graduate School
- (co-)organization or (co-)presentation of events, workshops, guest lectures or field trips of the Graduate School
- co-organization of or participation in networking events organized by the Graduate School (Stammtische, welcome events)
- own precise proposals for special qualification events, e. g. guest lectures, workshops, summer schools, conferences
- engagement in relevant committees and boards or in relevant task groups
- co-operation as PhD candidates’ representatives in the Graduate School’s executive board
Travel grants and funding opportunities for specific projects will be announced on the website of the Graduate School.
We are looking forward to individual members or small groups who would like to participate in shaping the Graduate School and its activities!