Join the Graduate School
"New" doctoral regulations dated December 18, 2018:
Doctoral students who are doing their doctorate according to the doctoral regulations from December 18th, 2018 (Amtliche Mitteilungen 1/2019) are automatically also members of the Graduate School.
Membership in the Graduate School does not entail any obligations.
For members who voluntarily and actively contribute to the supervision concept of the Graduate School, however, the Graduate School offers various financial support: Active members can apply for financial and organisational support from the Graduate School for their own small projects, for conference trips or stays abroad as well as for a graduation grant for the last months of their doctorate.
"Old" doctoral regulations dated May 10, 2010:
Doctoral candidates who are doing their PhD under the provisions of the doctoral regulations from May 10th, 2010 (Amtliche Mitteilungen 27/2010) can voluntarily join the Graduate School but membership in the Graduate School has to be applied for.
After admission to the doctoral program which is granted by the doctoral studies office, application for membership is possible at any time and should include the following materials:
- the fully signed application form
- an academic CV in German or in English
- proof of a consultation with the primary supervisor
- (Graduates of a university outside Germany must also submit their final paper (thesis, dissertation) in electronic form as well as a two-page summary of the final paper in German or English.)
- a self-addressed envelope with the applicant's valid postal address
Please send your application to the
Spokesperson of the Graduate School of the Faculty of Human Sciences
The spokesperson decides on the admission to the Graduate School.
Please find the applicaton form in the right margin.